Saturday, July 29, 2006

Ice Cube Passion


When it comes to ice, I'm like a hamster. I've discovered lately that I hoard it. We don't have an ice maker and we don't usually buy store ice. Instead, we make ice the "old fashioned" way. We have 4 ice trays. I'm not the most coordinated person, but when it comes to filling ice trays I'm quite proficient. As soon as the ice in the trays is completely frozen, I open the trays and dump them into the ice bin. I then quickly refill them and pop them back into the freezer.

It's a pretty good feeling when the ice trays are completely frozen and the ice bin is full. Unfortunately, during these dog days of summer, that's a rare event. As of right now, the ice bin is full to overflowing and the trays are freshley filled.

To conserve ice, I've got 2 pitchers of ice water in the fridge, as well as a jug of Russell's sugar free "bug juice" and a couple of 2-Litre bottles of Diet Pepsi. Having our beverages cold means that we use less ice. I take one final step in ensuring our healthy ice supply- we use thermal glasses and mugs.

Bottom line: I AM A COMPLETE AND TOTAL DORK! LOL!

No comments: