Thursday, August 28, 2008
I have made two more necklaces... and I'm pretty excited by them! The first is "The Holy Trinity". I call it it this simply because the cross reflects The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.... in other words, the Holy Trinity! The beads are pearls, white and gold "topaz" glass beads, pewter flowers and round beads, and amber colored glass beads.
The second necklace is called "Mary's Garden". The charm is the Blessed Mother in solid pewter. The beads are fresh water pearls, blue/clear glass beads, blue lampwork beads with pink flowers, silver flower beads and italian millefleur beads. This is by far my favorite so far....
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Happy Summertime!!! It has been ages since I've posted, and life, in it's typical fashion, has been wonderful and challenging at the same time. I haven't been coming to 360 or Multiply very much... time simply hasn't allowed for much of that sort of thing. I have been hanging aroundon facebook a bit, so if any of my friends here and there, would like to connect, send me a message and we can do so!
It's been both a joyous and challenging year. As you all know, I became Catholic at Easter, and that continues to give me great joy. Since then, I've:
- helped to move my Mother to a new facility
- turned 50
- got my AARP card (much to Russell's great pleasure)
- went on vacation to Rhode Island
- almost lost my Mother due to complications from a gall bladder surgery
- attended my first born nephew's high school graduation (how can that be? it was just yesterday that he was religiously wearing his superman costume from Halloween 24/7)
- had migraines and numbneses and after a whole bunch of tests, have been diagnosed with high blood pressure. The medications have made a world of difference
- undergone a full sleep study and have been diagnosed with sleep apnia
- almost lost my Mother again, this time to a septic infection caused by a kidney stone...
- rushed Russell to the ER with a kidney stone of his own
- helped staff a funnel cake booth at the church festival and another festival for Russell's scout trip
- had 6 weeks off, as usual and got nothing done
- lost my PC after a vicious thunderstorm, and now have a laptop that I'm happy with
- have started making beaded necklaces, bracelets and earrings
In writing this, I am aware that it's been a rocky year. Yet it doesn't seem all that bad. There has been alot of joy and laughter mixed in with the worry and the heartache. Most of all, I am taking advantage of the fact that I was blessed to receive a clear warning sign that if I don't take measures to take better care of myself, that I won't be around. Too many dear ones have not been as blessed. God is with me... every moment of every day... so how can I complain?
Here are a couple of pictures of some of the jewelry I've made. Nothing amazing, but pretty and fun.