Friday, June 09, 2006

Godspeed Sweet Quentin


I've just learned of the very sad news of the death of a friends beloved dog. His name was Quentin, and he's been very sick for some time. His Mom wrote about him:

"My Quentin's brave battle with hemangiosarcoma is over. He slipped away this morning, laying on our love seat cradled in my arms. Quentin lived life to the fullest, greeting each day with enthusiasm and joy, right to the end - he truly loved his life. Always a puppy at heart, he loved to swim, run through the woods, play tug of war and wrestle with the Newfs. He was such an incredibly happy boy who was dearly loved and will be sadly missed. He made us laugh each and every day for the last 10 1/2 years....the world is a much sadder place now that he is gone."

My heart, my thoughts and my prayers are with his family. He was such a brave sweet boy.. he fought the good fight... and I have grown to love him as I love "my own" these past few months. I'm going to light a candle when I get home... and I look for his star tonight... it's going to be a clear night here... and I'm sure it will be among the brightest of stars. Please join me.... and blow him a kiss. He has a page on Dogster... you can visit it by clicking here:

Quentin's Dogster page

Godspeed Sweet Quentin...

No comments: