Thursday, December 01, 2005

An Example of our frantic schedule

In a nutshell, here is a description of this past weekend:

Thursday was spent visiting my Mom, who fell on Tuesday. She didn't feel well enough to go to Aunt Samantha's. She told us to go ahead and go, so after spending several hours with her during the day, Russell & I and the Lingles went to Aunt Samantha's for Thanksgiving dinner. It was a late night as usual, so we stayed up with the dogs for a couple of hours so they could get some much needed attention! Happily, I had the great idea to buy some of their favorite bones for then, and gave them to each dog when we got home. They happily chewed and gnawed for a couple of hours, and then I put them to bed. It was 2AM.

Friday began with breakfast at a funky eatery that I'll never go back to! It's called Christopher's. I was very disappointed. Russell claims it's just another example of my "bad restaurant karma"! We then picked up Russell's tux and headed over to the Fletcher's to help them move. Scott had rented a truck and borrowed a flat bed trailer from one of Mary's neighbors! We got almost everything that was left in the house. Pauline's car was filled to the gills, Scott's new truck and the trailer were filled and the U-Haul was filled. Russell drove the U-Haul over to Scotts, and we all drove our cars. Audrey rode with me cause there was no room in Pauline's car for her to sit! Once at the new house, they unloaded the U-Haul and trailer. I'm soooooo excited for them. They've been waiting for this for years, and I just love their new house. We got home around 7:30 and after walking and feeding the dogs, I worked on updating my website for Christmas! Went to bed around 12:30!

I dragged Russell to Bob Evans first thing Saturday! After we finished eating, I dropped Russell off at home and headed to Target for some last minute essentials for the big to-do (my Aunt & Uncle's 50th anniversary celebration, which was "black-tie") and then over to my Mom's to finish helping her decorate her house for Christmas. I then flew home to shower and get ready. The dogs were confused cause they got their walks early! Once they were fed and in their crates, we got dressed. Russell looked great in his tux and we headed out for the party, which was absolutely lovely. It was a great reunion of sorts with lots of cousins and family friends. There were about 75 people there. Russell & I were seated at my cousin Howard's table. Also seated at our table was Allison Janney (CJ on "The West Wing") and her fiance. It was fun seeing Allison again... I hadn't seen her in years. She's a lovely person. After dinner, there were all sorts of toasts, most of which were quite alot of fun! We headed home around 12:30, and stayed up with the dogs until about 2:30.

As for Sunday, well, we returned the tux, did errands, including a trip to Lowes for some plumbing supplies. Russell is working on putting in a new garbage disposer. I really needed to do laundry, but he had his tools spread out all over the washing machine, so lucky me, I just sat on my butt and watched tv. Russell then asked for my help, so I sat in a chair and handed him tools, etc. Finally, at 10PM I made him stop. I wanted to watch Grey's anatomy, and he need to take a break.

1 comment:

carriesays said...

How could you watch Greys anatomy during disposal surgury. Really Annie! Love Caroline