Monday, November 15, 2010

November, a month of lists...

November is a busy month... there's alot to do, and lists need to be made. And, NO! If you're thinking of "Making that list, checking it twice" lists, shopping lists, and Christmas lists, that's not what I meant. Well, not really... maybe towards the end of the month that would make sesnse. But there's so much going on in November, way before the onslaught of the annual "Christmas Rush".

At the beginning of the month, we had election day. After dutifully gathering my lists of candidates and ballots, I headed to the polls and cast my vote. I find this very helpful while voting... I can pay close attention to the mechanics of voting and make sure that I vote accurately and efficiently. The key, of course is to "remember the list!"

With Halloween behind us, the focus is on the upcoming holidays. People often "skim over" Thanksgiving and focus on Christmas as though it was the big prize at the end of the journey. It's not of course. Nor is Thanksgiving. There is so much preparation in to planning a feast for the family... whether there be two or twenty+. This warrants a couple of lists, the first being a menu of sort, and then obviously, a grocery list. And once the actually cooking has commenced, another list is born... a score card of sorts... a schedule really of when to cook what. It's quite complicated, and I leave this to the pros... Russell and his Mom.

And then, of course, for me, the most important list.... a "Gratitude List" of all my blessings and things that I have to be grateful for. After all, isn't that what Thanksgiving is all about? Not parades or football games, not the "Black Friday" ads in the daily paper, but a time to give Thanks to God for our blessings. So if you're reading this, won't you join me in contemplating what to put on your Gratitude List? I will begin mine, and share on Thanksgiving. There's so much that comes to mind, with little contemplation.

And once I have this list complete, I might just start on the December lists....

God Bless you and yours,

Annie


No comments: