Thursday, February 04, 2010

Feeding Frenzy

I was out walking our dogs this morning... it was a bit foggy with the sun trying to peak through. The air was filled with birdsong, and I could see them diving down from the sky to our bird feeders. They were in a frenzy.. eating like crazy.

Looking out our kitchen window, I could see some sort of wren foraging on the ground looking for food. All of this makes me think that we are going to get a significant snowfall this weekend. Time will tell as to what Mother Nature has in store for us! I do know that I'm going to need to get more bird-cakes and suet. I'm reminded of one of my favorite poems:

All Things Bright and Beautiful
by Cecil Frances Alexander

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all.

Each little flower that opens,
Each little bird that sings,
He made their glowing colors,
He made their tiny wings.

The purple-headed mountain,
The river running by,
The sunset, and the morning,
That brightens up the sky;

The cold wind in the winter,
The pleasant summer sun,
The ripe fruits in the garden,
He made them every one.

He gave us eyes to see them,
And lips that we might tell,
How great is God Almighty,
Who has made all things well.

And in closing, I can't help but think of the lyrics from a song from one of my favorite movies, "Mary Poppins", called "Feed The Birds"! Click here to see a Video Clip! As far as the impending weather, stay tuned!

No comments: