Monday, January 18, 2010

Time FLIES

Well, I realize that I am quite delinquent in posting here. My last blog was in regards to the importance of Thanksgiving! I have skipped over holidays completely and we're almost three weeks into 2010. So belated New Years Greetings to one and all. Thanksgiving came and went. It was spent with family and friends, and we had a good time. Our van decided to "give up the ghost" and I now have a "new" Subaru Forester. I'm tickled with it. We could just have done with out a 2nd car payment, but in the scheme of things, we're blessed to be able to afford it at all!

Christmas was insanely busy. Our only decorations this year were two Nativity Scenes... one outdoors and one in our den. I didn't miss the tree. I loved looking at the Holy Family. It was nice to focus on the true reason for the season, when everything else is so secular. One of the highlights of the holidays was spending time with Family and Friends. Many of my cousins were in town from Los Angeles, Seattle, Atlanta and even Connecticut. We attended a beautiful Midnight Mass at Holy Trinity, which is a gorgeous old church in downtown Dayton.

New Years Eve was spent with our very good friends at their home. Life continues to move on. I've found a great group of Catholic Women on Facebook, and I'm going to join them in reading "The Imitation of Christ" by Thomas a Kempis. I mention this here because I will be sharing some of my thoughts here as I read this amazing book.

So that, in a nutshell brings this blog up to date! At least for now, as time really does fly!

No comments: