Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!!

I'm back at work, and wanted to post and update, and I couldn't even remember my username or password! I wish I could say that I had a good reason... but I guess it's just that I'm feeling a little blue... post holiday blues I guess!

We had a quiet New Year's. We celebrated with friends at their home. We sent out for Chinese food, and played games. It was very low-key and fun. Good times, spent with good friends. What a better way to ring in the New Year!


New Year's Day is a blur. We both slept in until noon, and woke up crabby and out of sorts. We went out for breakfast, and I chose "Cracker Barrel". Well, silly me. Not only was it a holiday, but most churches had recently let out, and we had a long wait. Russell wasn't happy. Nor was I for that matter!

We took pork and sauerkraut over to my Mother's house. Pork and Sauerkraut is a New Year's tradition in this part of the world. My friend Pauline's family hails from North Carolina, and she shared that she grew up eating black-eyed peas on New Year's day. It's all about legend and tradition, and ensuring that you have good luck for the entire New Year. Funny. I wonder about other regions and what their traditions are.

And then there was yesterday. My last hurrah before heading back to work this morning. A nice day.... spent doing chores and errands. We went to our friends to watch Ohio State play against Notre Dame. Ohio State won, thank goodness! It was a good game. GO BUCKS!

No comments: