Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Rest in Peace Mrs. Cleaver and Mr. C....

While listening to the radio the other day, I was so sad to hear of the passing of Barbara Billingsley, aka June Cleaver from the television so "Leave It to Beaver". As a small child, I loved this show... and remember so many episodes. It was a kind and gentle show... where family values stood strong. I've watched the reruns in recent years and have always found the show to be entertaining and true.

Another of my favorite shows was "Happy Days". Of coruse I was in my teen years when this show was on the air. Yet family values and strong parent role models were still valued. Tom Bosley as Mr. C will rank right up there with Andy Griffith as one of America's best loved father figures. And it was with great sadness that I learned of his passing a few hours ago.

In less that a week's time, we have lost two strong parenting Icons from the world of Television. Television back then was completely different than it is today. Of course the world was a different place. It's a sad commentary that today's television contains very little of these values, and that popular culture relishes in scoffing at them.

Rest in Peace Barbara and Tom. You will be dearly missed.

No comments: