Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Playing In Traffic...

This day is a perfect is a perfect example of the phrase “take one step forward and two steps back”. To begin with, I didn’t get enough sleep last night. I stayed up late trying to finish a book that “I just couldn’t put down”. I think I finally finished it around 3:30 and of course the alarm went off to feed the dogs around 6:30! And while I thank God every morning for the snooze alarm, using it is only delaying my reality. So after walking and feeding all dogs, and seeing Russell off to work, I slipped back into bed for another hour’s sleep. By doing this, however, I put myself behind schedule.

I had an appointment to meet an appraiser at my Mother’s condo at 11:30. This took about 45 minutes and then I was off to my Mother’s Doctor’s office to pick up a prescription. Of course this isn’t an easy drive because the office is located right across from the Mall and traffic is always horrendous. Plus the parking lot is far away from the office, and while I parked as close as I could, it was still a bit of a hike. Normally I wouldn’t mind, but with the mercury approaching 100 degrees, I was not amused. There was a bit of a wait while they reviewed my Mom’s chart but I was soon on my way.

The mall area is far away from everything else. And traffic being at its worse- I ended up using my “plan B” route. This probably was not that bad of a deal because it got me out of major traffic- for a while anyway! I finally arrived at the pharmacy only to be told that I had to wait a couple of days to fill the prescription due to insurance issues. So I headed back out into the heat and went to the grocery store across the street to pick up some things for my Mom.

And finally, I was on my way to my Mom’s. I was staying late because she was supposed to have her first session with her new physical therapist. However, he never showed. I waited about 45 minutes and finally headed for home. The car was hotter than Hades. When I got home our house was cool and I was greeted by four happy dogs. Russell was working on my Mother’s bills, and that’s how we spent the rest of the evening.

No comments: