Monday, June 24, 2013

Churches I have Visited: St. Augustine Catholic Church, Minster, Ohio

Over the years, as we would pass through Minster, Ohio on our way to our place on Grand Lake St. Mary's, I'd notice the twin spires of town's Catholic Church.  This church is part of a grouping of churches known as "The Land of the Cross-Tipped Churches".  And while I had always been aware of so many churhes in this area, St. Augustine has always stood out... and has been on my list of 'churches to see'! So finally, on Saturday, as we drove home from Maria Stein, we decided to stop and attend the 5 O'Clock Mass.  And I'm so glad we did.  Here are the few pictures I was able to take:






I am a huge fan of artwork in churches.  Some would say that it's not "good" art.. which I understand in theory.  Yet, there's something about traditional art that illustrates our Catholic faith so very well.  Not surprisingly, I much prefer "traditional churches" to the modern churches that have been built in recent years.  The Mass was awesome, and the parish seems to be thriving and alive with families.  I have to confess to feeling a bit "envious" when we left.  More more information, click here: St. Augustine Catholic Church

No comments: