Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Rosary VS. My Panic Attack: Rosary 1 - Panic Attack 0!!!






Panic!

I got a call I had been dreading!


I panicked!


I got all hot and bothered.


I got jittery and weepy.


I flew to the car… I must have looked like a mad woman.


I tried to breathe, I tried to calm myself.


Vague, rational thoughts struggled to take control.


Panic is so strong... adrenaline drives it.


Yet the rational, calming thoughts struggled against it.


I tried to concentrate on my driving…


My fingers flying on the radio dial.


Searching for distraction, anything would do.


Nothing worked.


Panic… I allowed myself to be its prisoner.

I was so weak… so human.


In desperation, I prayed


Dear God, I prayed… please help me.


I stopped at a light… frustrated, needing to get home.


I glanced out my window at the car next to me.


And as my eyes focused on the rosary hanging from the rearview mirror,


It stopped.


The panic weakened.


I remembered my faith.


I remembered to turn to Jesus, and lay my worries at His cross.


I breathed.


Calm replaced panic…


God was with me.


It was going to be alright.


It was alright!


Of course it was!


Thank you God, for your loving grace and for your loving mercy.


Amen.

No comments: