Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Snapshot: The missing keys


Keeping keys in a place where I can find them is not one of my strong suits. I am notorious for losing keys, and when I travel, I carry at least two extra sets "just in case"! I go through periods of extraordinary diligence, where I dutifully take my keys and put them in my purse. House keys, car keys.... and work keys fill my purse. I do not worry so much about my house and car keys because Russell always has a set, and we have extras at home. My "work" keys are another matter.

Tuesday morning found me standing outside my office door rifling through my purse. No keys. So I went across the hall, where I know there is a spare... but everyone was tied up behind closed doors. At this point I decided that rather than calling public safety, I'd run across to the student union and grab some breakfast, hoping that when I returned I'd be able to find someone with a key.

This plan didn't quite work out, but I was able to find someone to let me in. I looked high and low in my office... and could not find my keys. I was a bit perplexed but this soon slipped my mind as I got on with the business of the day. Later in the evening, I started looking at home. I checked every conceivable place I could think of, but did not find any keys. I was getting quite concerned, because the task of getting replacement keys is daunting to say the least.

And then, as I was getting ready for bed, I stopped and said a prayer to St. Anthony. I prayed that he helped me find my keys as they were quite important. And no sooner had I said Amen, when I suddenly had a very strong urge to go out to our truck. I went outside... it was about 1:00 a.m. and opened the back passenger door. I had looked here once before, but suddenly "I JUST KNEW" that they were there. And sure enough, upon checking the pocket of my rain jacket, I found them!

I then profusely gave thanks to Saint Anthony for his help. Never ever underestimate St. Anthony. I've heard story upon story about him helping people find the most amazing thing, or helping them to find there way out of something that was seemingly impossible.

So once again, I'd like to give my thanks and praise to St. Anthony, for all of his help during my lifetime.

No comments: