Sunday, July 12, 2009

Under The Weather at Country Lane

Summertime... isn't it grand!!! However, my summers of late seem to be plagued with illness, and parental issues. I began my annual summer hiatus being laid up with a case of "cellulitus"... which is far from fun. I have been "laid up for 2 weeks.... and am happy to report that I am getting better... but I still need to keep my leg elevated much of the day. My latest affliction developed with great speed. I developed a high fever, slept for over 20 hours straight. Russell had a hard time waking me up and I was confused and disoriented. This was due to a high fever. He pulled me out of bed, with every intention of taking me to the hospital. However I began to make more sense and was able to have discussions. So no trip was made to ER.


Cora, our almost 12 year old newf, has also been under the weather. The life span of a Newfoundland is about 10-12 years old... so of course we've been quite worried. She has arthritis, that has flared up lately.. making it difficult for her to get up. She then developed a horrible sore on her front left elbow... we worried that it was a tumor, but were relived when the vet told us that it was not a tumor. Rather, her "natural callous" had become raw and inflamed. She is on serious antibiotics and we have to keep it wrapped. She will have a bath today, and that will do nothing to cheer her up... or us, for that matter!!!


My plate continues to be full. The MHC festival is next week, and I am still working on staffing. This is not easy, but I'm sure we'll make it through. That, in a nutshell... is the current state of affairs on Country Lane. Cheers......

No comments: