Wednesday, August 27, 2008

This year, to date!!! ;)

Happy Summertime!!! It has been ages since I've posted, and life, in it's typical fashion, has been wonderful and challenging at the same time. I haven't been coming to 360 or Multiply very much... time simply hasn't allowed for much of that sort of thing. I have been hanging aroundon facebook a bit, so if any of my friends here and there, would like to connect, send me a message and we can do so!


It's been both a joyous and challenging year. As you all know, I became Catholic at Easter, and that continues to give me great joy. Since then, I've:


  • helped to move my Mother to a new facility
  • turned 50
  • got my AARP card (much to Russell's great pleasure)
  • went on vacation to Rhode Island
  • almost lost my Mother due to complications from a gall bladder surgery
  • attended my first born nephew's high school graduation (how can that be? it was just yesterday that he was religiously wearing his superman costume from Halloween 24/7)
  • had migraines and numbneses and after a whole bunch of tests, have been diagnosed with high blood pressure. The medications have made a world of difference
  • undergone a full sleep study and have been diagnosed with sleep apnia
  • almost lost my Mother again, this time to a septic infection caused by a kidney stone...
  • rushed Russell to the ER with a kidney stone of his own
  • helped staff a funnel cake booth at the church festival and another festival for Russell's scout trip
  • had 6 weeks off, as usual and got nothing done
  • lost my PC after a vicious thunderstorm, and now have a laptop that I'm happy with
  • have started making beaded necklaces, bracelets and earrings

In writing this, I am aware that it's been a rocky year. Yet it doesn't seem all that bad. There has been alot of joy and laughter mixed in with the worry and the heartache. Most of all, I am taking advantage of the fact that I was blessed to receive a clear warning sign that if I don't take measures to take better care of myself, that I won't be around. Too many dear ones have not been as blessed. God is with me... every moment of every day... so how can I complain?


Here are a couple of pictures of some of the jewelry I've made. Nothing amazing, but pretty and fun.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



No comments: